Friday, April 24, 2009

Filing Cabinet Transformation

My younger son's had this horrible dresser where the drawers kept falling apart and the handles fell off. You know the ones. I have glued, stapled, and nailed the drawers back together a zillion times and couldn't take it for a second longer.

And to make matters worse they can't get the clothes out or into the 2 top drawers because the can't reach. So you spend everyday putting their clothes away and getting their clothes out. Not my idea of self-sufficient children.

I found these at a thrift store for $5. They had 4 and I only bought 2 (I couldn't fit anymore in my car with the kids) and wish I had bought all of them.

My husband thought I was crazy when I said I wanted them for my son's dressers.

A few hours with rubber gloves and lots of steel wool and my filing cabinets were showing promise. I grabbed the spray paint and went to town.
They are a beautiful glossy blue to match their red, white, and blue bedroom. They are very heavy and sturdy. The perfect dressers for 2 boys ages 6 and 8. They love them and have them all organized with their clothes. It is so cute to see how neat they keep them.

And the best part I got reuse something old and find a new purpose for it. My favorite pasttime!!!

1 comment:

Rosa do Adro said...

Good work, i love it ^_^

It's so good when we can make something new from something old

Rosa