Friday, January 30, 2009

Recycled Wool Scarf


I love using old wool sweaters in new ways as many of you know. I had scraps from some of my favorite sweaters and saw Betz White's book Warm Fuzzies where she made a wool scarf from her wool remnants.

I was looking at my huge bag of scraps the other day and saw the perfect colors for my husband. He never wears a scarf but decided that he just never had the perfect scarf to wear. LOL!!!

First my felt scraps were felted in the washing machine. I cut them all to the same widths but varying in length. It was very simple to cut with my rotary cutter and mat.

The only issue i had was that my scrap pieces were different thicknesses. I found the back were I sewed them together was just too lumpy for my tastes. So I found the perfect dark Grey super soft flannel and backed my wool scarf. I really love how it turned out.

And the best part is my hubby wears it!!! See I was right he was just waiting for the perfect scarf.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a great scarf, and your DH looks great in it too!