Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Herbal Bath Tea Bags - Gift Idea


3rd Day of Christmas
I am busy making those handmade gifts for everyone. My goal this year is to go 100% handmade and to use supplies that I already have on hand.
Bath Tea Bags


A bath tea bag is perfect for those wonderful soakings. The stress of the world will just go away. The perfect gift for your girlfriends. And truly an economical gift idea.

Lavender Bath Bag:

1/2 cup lavender (I use wonderful organic lavender)
1 cup epsom salt
Tea Bags (I purchase mine from FNWL 50 for only $6.75)

Mix ingredients in a bowl. Add in a few spoonfuls to each bag and heat seal them close with your iron. Put a few of your newly create bath bags in a gift bag or box. I like to add a tag with instructions.


I put 2 of the bags in a cute hand stamped muslin bag with a tag. The tag has directions for use on it.



Additional recipes

Lavender Oatmeal Bath:

  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup dried lavender

Lavender Oatmeal Milk Bath:

  • 1/2 cup powdered milk (or the milk bath starter recipe above)
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup dried lavender

Rosemary Oatmeal Bath Tea

  • 1/2 cup Oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup Rosemary (dried)
  • 1/4 cup Chamomile (tea is fine)

No comments: