Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Handmade Holidays Part 2

Handmade Holidays Part 2

My husband has been working all day on a burst pipe in our basement. The pipe goes to my kitchen and I haven't been able to wash dishes or cook since yesterday. The kitchen is looking like a disaster as all the dirty dishes pile up. I am giving him one more hour then hauling dishes to the very small bathroom sink for some hand washing.

I had to share these adorable blankets I made. I got the blankets from Old Navy for $3 each!!! I thought it would be cute to add a little embellishments to give them to each of my children.

I added some felted sweater scraps, buttons, and funky sewing to give them a little more character. I am thinking I might have to go and buy a few more and make some Valentine gifts with the red blankets.

These cute trains are from my 8 year old son for his little brother. He his brother's favorite train cookie cutters and cut the shapes out of clay I fired for him and he painted with acrylic paints. We put twine through the holes so they can be hung on the Christmas tree and connected to each other.

This is a picture of the trillion ceramic pendants I made. I fell in love with all of them but now they are wrapped up and on their way to their new homes. :)

Hopefully I have my kitchen soon. I wanted to get a jump on some holiday baking for tomorrow.