Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Handmade Christmas

I am so proud of my family we did it!!!! We made all our gifts for family, friends, and teachers completely ourselves. I was wondering if we were going to make it because a few of my children got sick this past week.

With many crafting evenings we pulled it off. Teachers got handmade ornaments and homemade orange marmalade. Friends got gifts of goodies (divinity, fudge, cookies). And family got an array of paintings, ornaments, jewelry, sewn items, and whatever we could dream up.

We really had a great time and lots of family bonding. My children are so excited for everyone to open their handmade gifts. I swear they are more excited over everyone seeing their handiwork then they are of opening their own gifts.

I need to take a picture of my studio to show the destruction our crafting spree made. It is going to take me a long time to get it back in order.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas, Melynda! I loved seeing all of the fun handmade things you and your family have made!