I don't think I have ever made 6 dozen cookies at one time. I wanted to have a simple cookie and yet bring something that no one else would be bringing. So the Brownie Truffle was invented.
I borrowed the idea from Bakerella's cupcake on a stick. I had made the cupcakes on a stick for a Girl Scout Halloween party and the girls went crazy over them. This time I have changed it a little for the Christmas holiday.
Here is where you can find her recipe. You have got to check out her website it will have you drooling. I love her turkey pops. I heard a rumor she will be writing a book.
Here is my version.
Brownie Mix (cook as directed for 13 x 9 pan of brownies)
Softened Cream Cheese (room temperature)
Chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate)
- After the brownies have cooked and cooled, crumble in a large bowl.
- Add in the softened room temperature cream cheese and blend together. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Form the mixture into walnut size balls, placing them on wax paper.
- Once you have all your balls made you will put them in the freezer till firm.
- Melt chocolate chips or dipping chocolate.
- Using a toothpick dip the balls into the chocolate placing them on wax paper when done. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Place back in the freezer to firm them up again.
I covered them in a toffee chocolate, dark chocolate, and a butterscotch chips.