Monday, December 1, 2008

2nd Day of Christmas

My daughter and I are going to our first cookie swap tonight. I have always wanted to participate in a cookie swap. The rules said we had to bring 6 dozen cookies. 5 for swapping and 1 for tasting. YIKES!!

I don't think I have ever made 6 dozen cookies at one time. I wanted to have a simple cookie and yet bring something that no one else would be bringing. So the Brownie Truffle was invented.

I borrowed the idea from Bakerella's cupcake on a stick. I had made the cupcakes on a stick for a Girl Scout Halloween party and the girls went crazy over them. This time I have changed it a little for the Christmas holiday.

Here is where you can find her recipe. You have got to check out her website it will have you drooling. I love her turkey pops. I heard a rumor she will be writing a book.

Here is my version.

Brownie Truffles



Brownie Mix (cook as directed for 13 x 9 pan of brownies)
Softened Cream Cheese (room temperature)
Chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate)

  1. After the brownies have cooked and cooled, crumble in a large bowl.
  2. Add in the softened room temperature cream cheese and blend together. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer.
  3. Form the mixture into walnut size balls, placing them on wax paper.


  4. Once you have all your balls made you will put them in the freezer till firm.
  5. Melt chocolate chips or dipping chocolate.
  6. Using a toothpick dip the balls into the chocolate placing them on wax paper when done. Decorate with sprinkles.
  7. Place back in the freezer to firm them up again.


    I covered them in a toffee chocolate, dark chocolate, and a butterscotch chips.
These taste so rich you will swear they are truffles. When you are short on time these are super simple to put together. Perfect for those last minute goodies and they look and taste like you slaved away.

No comments: