Thursday, November 20, 2008

Recycled Sweater Project



I found this amazing sweater at our local thrift store. It is all wool and I put it in the washing machine and felted it down to a nice thick soft sweater. Don't you just love those cute sheep????

Then I decided to make a pillow out of the main body of the sweater.



I made mittens out of the sleeves. They are really are nice and long and go well over my wrists. I am trying to tell myself not to keep them and give them as a gift. But when I walked the dog they were the only thing keeping my hands from freezing.




Then I took more sweater scraps and made some cute purple mittens. I think they will be adorable for my daughter for Christmas.



And because I was avoiding housework I found more things to do. I have been wanting to make homemade marshmallows forever. I bought the gelatin months ago and never got around to making them. I used this video on to for my recipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjgJ_gUZHY


They turned out wonderful.



Can you see those small dried up things next to the plate??? I don't think I can eat those store ones ever again.

They taste so amazing. My oldest son usually makes goodies for all his teachers at Christmas (last year he made orange marmalade) and he was thinking of doing hot chocolate kits. These would be perfect to go with his kits. And they really were simple.

I do have to try a recipe that uses egg whites. My curious mind just has to see if they taste better or not. I will let you all know what I think. I am off to unload my kiln and see if anything I put in there yesterday turned out. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: