Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!



This is one of the amazing little letters and cards I got from my children this morning. They all brought tears to my eyes.




This is the present I made for myself!!! I finally stopped blowing up things in my kiln and have had so much fun creating ceramic pendants.

The color is so hard to photograph. The glaze on this pieces has golds, greens, and blues in it with a little crackling to it. It really picks up the colors of what you are wearing.



I fell in love with the Kazuri ceramic beads several years ago and have been wanting to create my own ceramic beads for so long. My husband likes this ideas much better then the 1.5 hour drive to a store in CT that sells the Kazuri beads. It is only a 40 minute drive to the ceramic warehouse for more glazes. They are truly addicting.

They take almost a week to make from beginning to end but so worth it!

4 comments:

DIANE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M! I'm so glad to hear that you're back to letting those creative juices flow. I just tried to call you to give you the birthday wishes in person (well, via the phone, anyway) but I didn't even get your voicemail. Hope all is going well in your transition. {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

Diane

HCarver said...

Happy Birthday big Sis!! I can't find your e-mail address. So I leave my wishes here!! E-mail me sometime racin3cans@yahoo.com

Love you,
Your lil sis

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a good one!

Funky Finds said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet note :) And I love the pendant.