Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sterling Silver Pendant


I have been playing with stamping into Sterling Silver. I just wish that it wasn't so expensive or I would be doing it all day long. I made a few of these sterling silver pendants for friends with different words stamped on to them.
I learned that you need a special drill bit for your Dremel to make a hole in the silver. LOL!!! I broke many bits until I finally realized I needed to find a bit made for the metal. Not sure why it took me so long to figure it out.
I love how when you stamp you can't get the letters perfectly aligned. It gives it such a nice "not made in China" look.
The ends have been filed down (again a special tool) and all polished to make it shine so pretty. Learning something new is the second greatest joy in my life next to my family.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful pendant, Melynda!

~ Amy W ~ said...

Intriguing! I need to know how you got the black coloring in there?! Cool!!!

Melynda Tetpon said...

Black sharpies work perfect. I have worn mine in the shower and everything and the black still stays in the stamped letters. I used liver of sulphur on others but this one is a sharpie.

Rachael said...

So pretty, Melynda!!! You are a creative machine!!!