Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Wow I knew I was taking a little blog break over the holidays but didn't mean for it to go on this long.

My husband was off work and I totally took advantage of his extra time and got him to help me paint our kitchen. I thought we could paint my very small kitchen walls and cabinets in an afternoon. But it never works the way you think it will and it took us 3 days to paint and I am still not done. We had to prime the cabinets and paint many coats. I guess if I was a professional painter I would know that painting when it is damp is not the way to get it done quickly. The paint took so long between coats to dry and in the meantime we had the kitchen torn apart.

I can say that I am loving my new bright kitchen and so glad we did it.

Our handmade holiday went over so well we have many friends and family members that will be giving it a try next year. I have to admit I got many strange expressions from my friends when I told them what I was going to do.

The kids had a great time making gifts and are so proud of themselves. I did buy a few things for my children (PJs, books, and some small little things) and they all made a comment that I was suppose to make everything!!! They actually seemed disappointed that I had given them a few store items. I guess I will need to work on my sewing skills so I can sew PJs next year!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year and it brings you all much happiness.

We are spending the evening with a few extra children sleeping over for a total of 7 kids in the house. We have a stack of movies, cards, and munchies to pass the time till everyone falls asleep.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How did your evening go with all of the extra kids? Hope it was a good one. Happy New Year, Melynda!

Rachael said...

Happy New Year!!

So glad the handmade gifts did well!!

How'd the sleepover go?