Thursday, December 20, 2007

3-D Snowflakes and Origami

I found this wonderful 3D snowflake pattern in a vintage magazine. The pages with the instructions were too old to scan well. I got all ready to write up my version of how to make one and thought I would double check to see if there were any instructions already out there.


And I found some wonderful instructions. Check them out here.



If you are a little Origami challenged like myself this women Gretchen Seigchrist makes wonderful videos of origami animals. Go to www.familycrafts.about.com and do a search on her name. You will find animals, birds, and flowers. I set the computer on my kitchen table cut a bunch of squares from copy paper and my children had a blast making their zoo or origami animals.

Cat Origami

Goldfish Origami

Crane Origami

...................... and many more

1 comment:

jadadog said...

OK, I am EXTREMELY origami challenged!!! I tried to do dog origame w/ Fran, and flunked! BUt as for homemade...check out my blog to see what I've been up to! (You'll be so proud of me, because you know I dislike sewing!)