Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Starting a new Challenge

Several years ago, I had been obsessing on trying to remember my childhood and was getting very irritated with myself because I just couldn't "picture" my childhood in my mind's eye. I felt like all my childhood memories were connected to photos I had seen or stories that I heard from others. Last month, after my sons brought home some rewards/prizes from school, I had a memory that rose to the surface of my consciousness and decided that I needed to include it in my scrapbook. I have an "All About Me" scrapbook started that includes a section on childhood memories. So over the next few months, I challenge you to travel back in time with me as we relive some of those stories from the past. Welcome to ...
TIME TRAVEL TUESDAY

The scrapbook/journaling challenge designed to help you capture the past and preserve it for the future. Every two weeks, I will be posting a specific time travel challenge on the IL2C blog. This week's challenge is to document a memory from your life when you were between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. If you would like to participate (and have an opportunity to receive a RAK), create a NEW scrapbook page or journaling entry (this can even be done as an electronic journal entry on a blog). Once you have completed the challenge, post a comment on this blog entry by midnight EST on December 10th that includes a link to your challenge entry "memory". I will be selecting one participant to receive a RAK and I will announcing the name of the recipient when I post the following challenge. Also to kick off this new challenge and celebrate Rachael's 80's themed Girl's Night Out tomorrow night, I am going to be giving away a bonus RAK to one person who completes the challenge by midnight EST tomorrow, November 28th.


I hope you will join me for a stroll down memory lane.

3 comments:

~ Amy W ~ said...

Darn, My Grandpa LO is from when I was five!! LOL

It's a great challenge Diane! I'll do my best!

Natasha said...

Ok I just posted (a few days ago) a LO of my First Communion, and I was 10 years old. I guess that count. You can find the LO in my Gallery at IL2C.

DIANE said...

Ooops! I guess the one thing I didn't make clear is that the challenge is to create something NEW. Sorry I didn't specify that sooner.