Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Handmade Gifts for the Holidays

My pledge to make all handmade gifts this season or buy handmade is in full-swing. I do have to cheat a little for the children that want Lego's for Christmas. I don't think they will appreciate my attempt to make Lego's!

I have completed several gifts and wanted to share a few of them.



Here is my version of a felted cobweb scarf. It is super soft and I really love how it turned out. I added zigzag stitching to make it even stronger. The person I made it for has small children and I wanted to make sure she would wear it with no worries of the kids pulling on it.

And of course I have been very busy making the Merino Wool Felted Scarf. This one is done using the Midnight wool. Some may recognize it from the instructions for the Felted Scarf kit I used this scarf for the instructional pictures..


This is a 100% wool coaster. It is backed with cork and is needle felted with embroidery. It will be a set of four for a special friend. I have a few other patterns that I will share later this month.


I have received many requests for additional Merino/Teucel Wool roving to create more scarves. I have a few available. This one is called Harvest and you can purchase it here.

This one is called midnight. Definitely my favorite next to the blues and greens that came in the kit. You can purchase it here.


This one is called Berry. My daughter is begging for a scarf made from this one. I want one for myself!! You can purchase it here.
Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving. And don't forget to Make Handmade!!!











3 comments:

~ Amy W ~ said...

I'm in LOVE with this stuff!!! Thanks Melynda for making my 'buy handmade/make handmade' pledge so much easier to accomplish!

Elizabeth said...

That's exactly what I'm doing too, making homemade gifts for everyone! Thanks for inspiring me to get my butt into gear!!!!

Lynn Anne said...

uhm. You have more faith in your stitching than would I ... I take a look at the cobweb style and all I can picture are little fingers getting REALLY GOOD fingr holds! rofl! You can tell how soft they feel just by LOOKING at the pics -amazing.